Carrot Stew

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Make a kid's table out of a small coffee table!


Here is the "Before".....It is a small coffe table that I purchased for $2.00 at a garage sale. (The box on top of it I snagged for $1.00....not sure what I am going to use it for, I just liked its character!)
Here is my 3 yr old with the finished product! I painted the table, leaving a little black peeking through for the distressed look. Those of you with little ones know it is going to be distressed one way or the other! Then I cut scapbook pages in various sizes to fit and used Mod Podge to adhere the pieces. (the toughest part is getting all the bubbles out!) Then I applied a few additional coats of Mod Podge over the paper and topped it off with 2 coats of clear spray acrylic. Voila! An "anthropologie" inspired table for my princess! She has already used it for crafting:)
The best part....TOTAL COST: around $6.50! (I already had Mod Podge so I am not counting that)

Top View

Side View
(Great for a kiddie table when we have guests over!)







No comments:

Post a Comment